Monday, October 4, 2010

90's Baby

"Back to the 80's"; Aqua's comeback single a year ago. I love Aqua, always have and will always do. I know it's weird but they're the first band that I'm really crazy over for. All their songs, all their music videos... even when Lene went solo. I followed the progress. Just still in disbelief that they actually sang "Turn Back Time" which was like my high school anthem.



However, the main celebrity of my 90's is not Aqua. It's this man called Duncan Sheik.

If you have been listening to the radio since the beginning of your kindergarten; he hogs the chart. Every single day you will hear him on the radio and the TV. Now, he's a big time composer having written songs for the coming-to-age musical; Spring Awakening. (how very ironic, spring is when mammals breed)


Might I say, I'd love to have this guy as my dad. Not a girl crush per se, but I really admire him.




Thanks to my parents, my 90's have a hint of 80's. Roxette. Who doesn't know them? SLAP yourself if you don't know them. After all these years, her hairstyle still hasn't changed. Even after her cancer; still the same. In the early 2000 they released a song called "A Thing About You". You ain't going to like it unless you're their big fan. Big departure from their friendly, hip and happy hits.

Well I can't blame you if you don't know this band. They're called of Ace of Base. Only TV and radio listeners at age 6 will know them. Famous for songs such as "All That She Wants" and "The Sign", you know it's them when the tune starts. Didn't really dig deep into their current music. I prefer their radio friendly songs.

Here's a girl band that I swear YOU DON'T KNOW. But just put up with me for this is the last of the 80's bands. Wilson Phillips; combination of two powerful celebrity families. They're so good during the early 90's. I think they even did a Japan tour or something. However, their management was so keen on promoting a good image that they kept censoring off the fatter sister from the videos, promotional tours and pictorials. It didn't take long for them to break up and now I don't know what they're doing. I just know that Bijou Phillips (Paris Hilton-esque) is the Phillips' clan step-sister.

Nearing the 2000, The Cardigans. Those parents who let your children watched Romeo & Juliet (starring Leonardo DiCarpio and Claire Danes) shame on you! Also, Cruel Intentions. These two movies are so totally 15SX-ish and I had only watched them at age... 15. HAHAHA! Well, I found out that "Lovefool" was really big after it was featured in Romeo & Juliet. However, I have heard it on the radio... so mesmerizing. They're still producing hits now, though not internationally. Most of their songs are A-Ok.



The Corrs. Got to know them when I saw their video for the Mulan soundtrack. I'm not a fan of the 98 Degrees featuring Stewie Wonder one. The Corrs are the epitome of strong family bonds. And talented too. Just too bad that their company is no longer favoring them. Their songs still rock; albeit Irish-folk rock.


No 90's post will be perfect without a boyband. Yes, my first favorite boyband... 'N Sync. My favorite member? Lance who turned out to be gay. Most hated... *high five people!* JOEY! He's too old...


Sometimes I really wonder why am I studying Law when I can just blurt out information about these random celebrities. I should write a gossip blog that is 24/7 operational rumor mill. Heck, I already did that. Not my type. HAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment