Friday, December 3, 2010

The Creation.



Let me ask a simple question: "Why do you blog?"



This question suddenly popped in my mind while I was preparing a post; well, now that post can wait while I write a more serious piece. Back when I started blogging, it was on that Friendster network site thing. Yes, Friendster... ring a bell? I posted up some really bad short stories about some people (non-fiction, unfortunately) and worst of all, there were people reading and commenting on them. The attention came in during college and new friends I'd met made some comments about my Friendster page. I'm not exactly a famous person you see, but the contents I had going inside there were pretty awesome. That's when I felt noticed, like people getting to know me by reading what I write.

Shortly after, I removed all my short stories posts mostly because I grew sick of writing them non-fictions. Starting anew, I blogged about my life, music and thoughts; the blueprint of most blogs. I emphasized on one thing though; language. My passion for blogging grew bigger and I started reading others as well. Then the tag games started and more private information were shared online. Blogging on Friendster was restrictive and so I moved to the famous Blogspot. Started tweaking with HTML codes to decorate my blog site and then adding more links to mine.

On to the second year of my college, the passion was so overwhelming I had 4 blogs under my wing. One main site, one for music, one for entertainment gossips and another for politics. Call me crazy but I really wasn't studying I swear. I started earning by blogging and though they're quite little, I felt proud because people were reading; traffic were coming in. I blogged just about everything but then I felt sick of it once I entered the second year of Law. I knew some people from the Law School were checking up on my posts as something-somewhere-somewhat happened and I was on the radar. I had a lousy social life, my studies were bad and I felt bitter about just everything.

I closed down three of my sub-pages and kept the main site though I didn't update it as frequent as I used to. I've lost my sense of humor and in reality, I was quite a mean person with a long streak of sarcastic remarks. I wonder how my roommate put up with me really, I thought I was a monster back then. I found comfort and solace in music and movies. The indie scene really grew on me. The way they make their music, their background, their interest and their passion. I wanted to enjoy something which is uncommon, unheard and unpolluted. I want to do the same with my life. I don't want to live the same life as others. Not that I aim to be a revolutionist or rebel; but I just need to step into a higher phase.

Back to the main point, I then used my blog as a means to keep in touch with people. We all know what happened next... FACEBOOK. Don't really need a blog then? True. I started blogging again albeit an occasional one and switched my style of blogging. Never really asked opinion on it; I don't really care if I have any readers at all! I suppose blogging is really my sanctuary for random thoughts and, CRAZY HOME-COOKED RECIPES.

3 comments:

steph said...

why do i blog??

because this is the only platform
i can combine everything i like
under one roof
mainly words, photography
music, BBS, cartoons...

as Shawn Yue put on his blog
"a common person with too little ability
yet too many hobbies" ~ CMSS

and in real life
i don't really like to talk
to people i am not very close with
so this is like a private corner
to know me, if anyone ever bothered to

darryl said...

facebook killed my blog too, but i still write once in a while to keep it as a diary

Fui said...

My blogging experience had spanned over 7 years now... it's crazy. Darryl I love feeding the fish on your blog. HAHAHAHA! Steph, I hate the music on your blog, otherwise it's all good and your blog is like a guilty pleasure.

Post a Comment