Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Whirlpool of Doom


I finally seized the chance to meet my idols... JENNY LEWIS & JOHNATHAN RICE! I was standing right at the middle of front row; between the two and within the distance of 2 metres! I really love the up-close and personal stage in Ruby Lounge!

After 6 concerts in the UK; I felt really blessed because as a Malaysian, you don't have a chance to do this in Malaysia. The costs, timing and worst of all; lack of indie performances in Malaysia! Now I have 3 more concerts (confirmed ones); Kings of Leon, Maroon 5 and Kylie Minogue's. All three are MAJOR concerts and not the kind of smaller gigs that I attended (save for Paramore). That got me thinking, I'm taking a gap year now, planning to work and then continue my studies for next year... why not I work part-time and go traveling instead?

This idea seemed dumb and a total waste of time to me last time. I'd always thought, why not just graduate and enter the adult working life as soon as possible because you're only wasting your time doing nothing. Now, I had a different perspective on this matter. I only get to live my life once, if I get the chance to do something meaningful and fulfilling with it... why not? It's not like I purposely take a gap year here to enjoy myself. It was all by chance and maybe a challenge from God for me to open my eyes and start accepting failures in life.

I had never encountered failures in life. Never had I received rejections or boulders that stop my track. Everything is so smooth despite no effort from me. Never a hardworking person, never a nervous wreck, never succumbed to peer pressure and just living my own good life. So when disaster struck and I had to take a gap year, many people were shocked that I returned to UK to do this. Most of them were thinking that I'm wasting my parents' money here. Well, the truth is, the University had issued unconditional letter to me wrongly and I had to get back here for that. It's not what I wanted; it's all fated and bound to happen.

I thought of making full use of my time in UK, getting a trainee legal work and work for a year before starting my BPTC course. I might face further rejections; visa, work application and etc. But heck, this is life and I have to learn to live the hard way!

But then, getting used to the easy-breeze lifestyle is a moniker for doom itself... I better not get sucked into it. Heck, I want to be a lawyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment