Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lost in Transition

Do you believe in reciprocity? It's like an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth; albeit in a good way. In certain circumstances I believe giving back should be more than what I've taken from others. It just feels as if I'm indebted forever if I don't return with a surplus.

However, sometimes enough is enough. There is no point of having insufferable feelings over things that don't matter. Give and take. No giving? That's it. I'm moving on. What makes me feel really awful is when these people return to me and behave as if everything is still normal. You don't sustain a strong bond on a come-and-go basis. You make effort to keep in touch, you stay through the thick and thins and more importantly, you share.

I told some friends last year that I wish I could be more selfish, more conceited. That way, I can tell others what I want and get what I want more easily. However, I just cannot put myself through it. Lost in transition. Stuck in between.

This is not a warning sent out to my readers/friends but I'm just trying to inspire myself to be a more positive person. Sometimes letting go is the key to happiness. I appreciate everything that comes my way but unfortunately most people I know don't really share the same trait; let alone preserving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment