Monday, December 6, 2010

Seeking Warmth.

Christmas Markets in the UK are so dull if you compare them to the Night Markets in Malaysia. There are not much varieties and the things are mostly for decorative purposes. Worst of all, you have to endure the cold and it's not just normal chill but -3°C type of chill!


Of course, the venue is always nicer and they have different themes for the markets. In Manchester itself we have French and German themed markets. However, the price of the things sold here are not cheap especially if you convert back to Ringgit.

I had a lot of fun at the Leeds' Christkindlmarkt last year. Downing pints of Pilsner, eating hot German hotdogs, sipping hot muled wines and eating the German bon bons! Didn't really enjoy the salty pretzels though. I went there for 4 times I guess and a lot of alcohol was involved every time I stopped by. The one is Manchester was way too cold for me to hang out for long... and I came across a really cozy cafe in the High Streets. It will totally be my hangout place next time.

Sipped on a small cup of Americano Latte.


Then a good cup of hot Mocha.


Unlike other chain coffee houses, the hot coffees served there were REALLY hot. This cafe will really make a good spot for me to sit in online and write... (when I start doing freelance writing).


Though I don't think any of them would be reading this shout out but, Happy Birthday to both Yun See and Jian Bin! Good luck in your assessments this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment