Monday, January 3, 2011

Abundance.

3rd of January has always been the day I dread the most. First of all, it's always the first day of school and it marks the beginning of another horrific learning year. Secondly, I get old on this day. Lastly, my dad is always not around to celebrate the special day with me. Hence, I'm used to postponing my birthday celebrations.

Growing up, I realized that I'm not a big fan of celebrations and presents. However, I love to be rewarded when I achieve something. Say, good exam results and I get what I wish for; often my mum would cringe while my dad kept giving. Thank God I achieve good results if not I'll never get presents.

Okay, so I wouldn't want to celebrate my birthday this year mostly because I'M STILL SICK! Thought that I'd get better and maybe go out for dinner but no thanks to some unforeseen circumstances; I didn't recuperate in time. I had to write anyways so... forget it. Well, most of my birthday wishes came from Facebook (of course, right) and well, most came with nicknames. Then I began reminiscing my years when all the nicknames popped out. Contributors (culprits) won't be named though.




NICKNAMES OVER THE YEARS:


1994-2005
  • Fui Fui (the infamous nickname was created during recess in school and often imitated with crunchy cookies while pronouncing it)
  • nen nen (this is also another infamous nickname due to the fact I drink fresh milk everyday and some claimed that it contributed to my fair skin)
  • curry (everybody should know why)

2006-2011
  • carlill carbolic (this is reference to Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co.; the first case we studied in Contract Law during A-Level)
  • infant (Contract Law again; Minors Act 1970)
  • mojojo (reference to MoJo Jojo; the villain in Powerpuff Girls)
  • carly fries carly junior (no thanks to Dr. Rick in Fired Up!)
  • curry curly fries (basically hybrid of two)
  • CMSC (Carly Manager; me and the misbehaving S the Client)
  • Carly Spongebob Kerrigan Yap (this is the latest; due to the fact I'm a StarCraft II and SpongeBob addict)

3 comments:

steph said...

cleo

EvA said...

You forgot pink unicorn. :<

Fui said...

HAHAHA girls, I was referring to the nicknames which appeared in those birthday wishes on my Facebook wall. I don't want to list all the nicknames out... *shy shy*

Post a Comment