Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Second from Abroad.

Oh my room feels so empty now after my friends from Aberystwyth had left. The last weekend was absolutely amazing. I had met a bunch of wonderful people and what a great time despite the crazy weather. It rained for the whole day in Manchester; typhoon-strong wind in Leeds but we were rewarded with the nice sun in Chester. The worst was the wind in Leeds... we were almost blown away and had to hang on to a post! Then there were people taking pictures of us from inside of their car... how embarrassing!

I had cultural revival this Chinese New Year thanks to the influence of my new friends. Learned many new things from them and I was amazed by their reunion dinner.


They created fancy Chinese New Year themed names for their dishes!!! Really amazing!

I was not excluded from trying to be festive as well... I had themed nails! Take note of my advice... never EVER paint your nails under the incandescent light. The colours looked different! I mistook the pink for orange and to my horror; the supposed mandarin orange looked anything but orange. Comments include:

  • Caterpillar?
  • Strawberries?
  • Devilish oranges?
As my friend said: "AHAHAH FAIL CARLY FAILLLLL"

No comments:

Post a Comment