Friday, April 22, 2011

The Bad Times Roll.

The gap year is coming to its most challenging time yet. Yes, monetary problems have finally struck. Not that I overspent... but I fell victim to debit card fraud. Most likely to be the card skimming fraud according to the bank. Although I'm not liable for any of the losses but I'm doomed for this month. My account has been emptied (darn you bastards) and have been effectively suspended pending investigation. I have no methods of obtaining cash at all! All I have with me is £60; just enough for food and bills. Thank goodness for PayPal; I can still pay some bills online.

How do I tell my parents about this? They're going to be worried sick. Both of them must be enjoying each others' company now since my mum will be in Indonesia for almost a month till mid-May. Oh yes, a check on my credit card... valid until May!

See, it's my mum's fault for saying stuff like: "Dear, the credit card is going to expire in May. Any emergencies remember to use it before May okay?"

I was like, mum, how can I spend before emergencies occur? Now I know how...

Well I had only told like 3 friends about this and only one of the three is a friend in UK. I guess there is no point telling others and make them fret about my personal issues when the exam clock is ticking down. So, what should I do when I get past this hurdle? (I know for sure I can live with £30 a month; rent and bills non-inclusive)

No comments:

Post a Comment