Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Lost Taste.

A hungry me at midnight is now nothing unusual. Often too common and being the usual good old food enthusiast, I talk about them with my friends. In the recent 2 nights; friends actually went to get supper and leave me facing the laptop screen with the thought of them gobbling down food down their stomach. I haven't been the type to take supper ever since I came to UK. I think I actually took supper for less than 3 times since I came back to Manchester! Rare feat.

So I've been lamenting about not having dim sum and my favorite Japanese cuisine for a month long. It is pretty rare considering the fact that I live 15 minutes away from these restaurants and I haven't been there. The reason? No companionship. In order to enjoy these food, I need good company because the amount I usually order is humongous.

Today is one happy day for me. A friend from Nottingham came over and I finally satisfied my cravings. I ordered so much dim sum today! We had porridge, egg tarts, radish cake, glutinous rice, siew mai, prawn dumplings, fried wantons, char siew paus and prawn cheung fan. Wow 10 dishes and two of us finished them up! Awesome guy!

Then we walked around the city checked out some stores and we actually walked into Manchester City store. Chelsea and Arsenal fans actually went into the store; if caught, I cannot imagine the consequences. Then I was checking out the 16th April Wembley semi-final jersey, a fan actually walked up to us and told us that the date is his birthday. I had to react to it while the fact being my hand held the jersey to check it's quality. Umbro made some pretty shabby jerseys.

A drop at my favorite coffee shop and we talked about some silly A-Level stuff and the cafe started playing Kylie Minogue's concert album. My friend mentioned about the sexy, scandalous video I posted on my client's wall. Oppsss, and I thought not many people saw it. Heck, guys love that kind of stuff, how could I have forgotten?

Lastly, my favorite restaurant... Tokyo Season! Quickly dropped order for my favorite fried oysters, sashimi platter and pork katsudon. Oh the moment of joy as I finally taste the succulent tuna sashimi and how it melted in my mouth... pure satisfaction. Having a person to share the huge platter and also knowing how to enjoy raw Japanese food is really what I need in Manchester. So I have been urging my friend from Sunderland to get a job in Manchester Science Park so she could be the person... oh good things don't come easy. Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment