Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Contemplating What and What Not.

I had an interesting conversation with a friend just now... what would you like to know about your future-self if you can see into the future? Being a funny man, he suggested whether he's hitched or not. I was saying he's desperate.

I have thought this through before (I'm a daydreamer) and my answer would be the day that I will die. Knowing the time of your death is my ultimate aim if I can see into the future. That will be THE reason for me to change my lifestyle and lead a meaningful life till the day I meet my end. Being a funny man he was again, my friend said that I will be desperate to live my life to the fullest thus categorizing myself into the desperados genre. Lame statement; indeed, and he agreed so.

I don't necessarily mean living my life to the fullest but to lead a meaningful life. It might come from making a change to the world, having a profound effect on others' lives or even achieving my goals in life. Whatever it might be...

We're all just saying because there is no way anyone can see into the future let alone predicting what's going to happen tomorrow. Till then, you just have to be grateful for having a life to live and try to make the best out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment