Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dedications Part 1

I've been a fan of Paramore since I saw the music video of the song "Pressure" and how it relates to my life in college. At that particular time, Hayley still donned the red hair. Then I heard "Emergency" which had a cool music video by the way. I had their first album but didn't really indulge in it... I was more into Our Lady Peace and Death Cab for Cutie at that moment.

I remember a friend of mine suggesting that Paramore is high school rock-esque because their songs are radio friendly and high school students LOVE them. I totally disagreed because their debut album suggested otherwise. I didn't know who sang "crushcrushcrush" at the beginning, it's because I wasn't really into radio hits as I was in the early stages of converting myself into an Indie fan. My brother told me it was Paramore and I was shocked at first considering the cheekiness they'd infused into their punk rock music. And "Misery Business" was like so cute and not to mention, "That's What You Get". But I kind of noticed the chemistry between Josh and Hayley sort of faded and by that time they had a new member and the guitarist ranting about Hayley's popularity. Not many people knew this but they're Christians and if you had their The Final Riot DVD, you'd notice them praying before concerts.

Brand New Eyes album, in my opinion, is their "reversion" album. Sort of reintroducing the fans into their debut album type of music and lyrics. It's like now that they're famous, let them re-establish artistic control and do what we want. Sounds like what Indie bands do, right?

Tours with Tegan & Sara and New Found Glory in the US; only a fan like me would crave and hope to attend. Hayley admitted about her girl crush on Tegan and well, Paramore and New Found Glory goes back a long time in history and the fact that Hayley is dating Chad certainly does help a little. Together, they'd released this EP:



I am excited about the concert tomorrow night but that means ditching my friend who's coming over... oh well, she wouldn't mind I'm sure. HAHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment