Monday, November 15, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship with My Life

The wait for my visa is taking a toll on me. I just hope it gets here eventually if not I'm doomed! I am so frustrated with my life now. I hate holidays. Unbelievable, right? I'm one of those people who always want something else and can never be satisfied with the current lifestyle. Say, when I'm studying, I'd be looking for chances to slack. Got reminded by my friend last night; I would've gotten better results if not because of my laziness. Maybe there was some truth to that. But that's just me and I'm sure most of you share the same trait. Now, I'm in a long holiday and all I want to do is WORK. I'm kind of sick with the carefree lifestyle of mine.

I thought of a few things to do this month. First, learn some basic Chinese characters. That's what I should do instead of StarCraft II my time away. My Chinese is so off! I didn't even dare to speak Mandarin with the guy at the Chinese Supermarket just now because I thought I'd mislead him. You should see me when I'm ordering food at Chinese Restaurants... that's when the comedy begins. I'd mislead everybody because I don't know how to read the menu but I know what I want to eat.

Secondly, I'd like to learn some new recipes. I had the best Japanese bento today and I love the teriyaki sauce. Going out tomorrow to get some Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine)! Maybe I'll cook this dish to my visitor this weekend.

Lastly, reflect and reevaluate my life in UK shall my visa plans fall apart. There is no guarantee that they'll approve my application so I might as well have a backup plan standing by. So, that's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment