Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Down with F.L.U.

I don't remember being so sick in the UK before. I've been sick before in Leeds; twice but even with the two counts combined cannot top the current one I'm suffering from. Thank goodness I am feeling better day after day. Influenza is just annoying especially for someone with rhinitis like me. I can hardly sleep; but I need the sleep and I cannot smell the air when I breathe.

Plain depressing with the weather in UK and night time falls too early. Snow is reported in several areas but thank goodness it's sunny here in Manchester today. The weather had sympathy for me. Many friends sympathized with my situation as well; being all alone in my place and nobody to take care of me. But I'm not the type of person who would rely on others to take care of me when I'm sick. I still remember, back in INTI, a classmate of mine was very sick and I took her in for a week just taking care of her. That's when I got the nickname of caretaker.

I must get healthy by the weekend... I want to go Nottingham and Cheshire Oak! Then it's Jenny & Johnny's concert and the continuous wait for my visa. And people, I finally understand the feeling of going down with flu in UK. It's horrendous and now, I share your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment