Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just Because.

Browsing through the news sites today at wee hours in the morning after a long marathon of online gaming; top news sprouted out from the sites are all in concern with the devastation in Missouri after the series of tornadoes. The tornadoes ripped the city apart; people are still missing, homes and properties are gone but in those pictures I don't see people crying neither do they show any signs of giving up. They went into their homes, picked up the pieces, go around meeting people and see how others are doing. I am amazed by their spirit. When New Orleans was struck with Hurricane Katrina 6 years ago, the city once famous for party scenes (I learned that from the Tony Hawk game) became a total wreck. It is still slowly recuperating from the disaster but the New Orleans people are tough and they still live on with their lives instead of waiting around for aid. I mean, most of these people are used to the carefree, slacker lifestyle and for them to pick up from the rubbles... simply unbelievable.

Life is fragile isn't it? You can never know when disaster will strike, down with sickness, accidents to happen... the list goes on. Everytime these things happen, my parents will be reminding how lucky I am and how I need to be grateful for living a relatively comfortable life so I shouldn't really complain so much or ask for more luxury in life. Truth be told, I could only be grateful for like one day or more then I'll revert to the greed I have in my heart. I tried to make sense out of this seemingly paradoxical feeling but in the end I just give up knowing I'll give in to what my heart suggests.

Recently, I gave a long hard thought to the reasons why I do the things I do despite knowing better. Oh, it's simply because I'm in a position to do so. It's like some people will say: "Oh she's rich what... buy branded stuff only." It's not because the person should save up money like others but because he/she is in a position to do so; the question is why not? Similarly, people are all studying hard for exams, some would not do so but still they do very well in exam. They can afford not to study simply... they're in a position to do so. They're smart and they don't have to stuff knowledge into their heads just because most people do that. I know it is hard to group these things together; I mean, money vs studies, right? But then what I meant to exemplify from these situations is that given certain situations, people will do what they want to do no matter it is something bad or good; just because they're in the position to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment