Friday, May 13, 2011

No Direction.

I put Metric's "Fantasies" album on a loop this evening while gaming away. The first song of the album is "Help I'm Alive". Couldn't help but to ponder upon the lyrics. The lead singer of the band actually wrote the song after some soul searching journey in Argentina; kind of related what I was telling a friend. Soul searching and you should go ohm... ohmm... ohmmm...

##If you're still alive my regrets are few
If my life is mine what shouldn't I do?
I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
While my blood's still flowing and my heart's still
Beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer##

Her lyrics are like some kind of modern poem. Strange phenomenons start happening again. Cicadas swarm reappeared and terrorized Southern US after hibernating for 13 years. Southern America was met with tornadoes and serious floods before this. Then strong earthquakes happened in Murcia, Spain. The fragile and helpless me can just watch all these disasters happen one by one; baffled by inexplicable phenomenons and remind myself of 2012.

Help, I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment