Saturday, May 28, 2011

Out of Touch with Reality.

I haven't been keeping up with radio music and I've just learned about this group called Far East Movement lately. The name itself sounds very Asian and upon checking, wow they're a quartet of Japanese, Korean and Chinese guys. And I finally get the thing about "fly like a G6" that people have been saying to me... it's their song.





The music they make is not really my cup of tea. I get quite sick with all the electro-auto tune type of music that will.i.am popularized. Now I get what's going on with the fad and obsession with Korean culture in the US. Even the new MTV reality show is called K-Town:





My goodness is this a new culture or am I just being to overtly judgemental and conservative?

4 comments:

steph said...

yes... we are just judgemental...
say no to Obsession of k-pop,
wish i can @ somebody's name here :D

EvA said...

^ Ehem terasa la. My kpop groups don't have that kinda bad influence. This crap up there in the video is bringing shame to the true koreans which are in fact still conservative. It's sad to see the Americanized koreans act this way and bringing down their home country's rep. :(

Fui said...

No no no... I didn't mean K-Pop. I meant American Korean fad that has been going on. FM is good in what they do but it's not my type of music, it was just the feeling I get after listening to the song for the first time last night. Then I know why MTV picked up K-Town because of the stupid Korean craze. Nothing to do with K-Pop!!! These are AMERICANS!!! Sorry Eva, don't terasa okay?

EvA said...

Lol no i did'nt terasa about that la. Don't worry. xD I was just talking about the "@ somebody's name" thingy. I'm actually agreeing with your post about how those americanized koreans in those videos are a bad influence and shouldn't be on tv at all.

Post a Comment