Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Smell Fish.

My new obsession: Jeremy Wade (the best angler in the world).

I started learning more about fish as I arrived in the UK; for the sake of cooking. Amazingly, it was the "Fishing" action in The Sims 2 that really made me learn more names. I have always wondered how am I going to survive grocery shopping in Malaysia's markets. I cannot even relate the names to their looks! Not just fish but also vegetable! That's the fallacy of supermarkets... buying after you read the labels.

I haven't fished properly in my life even though I grew up frequenting the jungle my dad worked in. Most of his friends there are anglers and hunters. Never thought of joining them though. Anyways, fishing is still not something I'd want to pursue. Especially after watching Jeremy Wade's show... I can imagine myself getting pulled into the water by the fish instead of me pulling them out of water.

This guy's show managed to make me feel eerie. Starting with the number of jumbo catfish he caught then the piranhas... but shockingly he revealed to the world that there are actually fresh water stingray! Not just in the secluded part of the world but in ASIA! They are so huge and actually killed humans *gasp*. Anyways, this week he shocked the audience again by hooking up his first SAWFISH.


Quite a tame fish and this sawfish actually survived both shark and crocodile attacks (living in fresh water).

Not so bad, this week's episode was a total eye-opener and I didn't feel sick to my stomach. Naturally I moved on to another great show, Iron Chef America. Guess what, it was battle fish. Heck, they introduced me to another creepy sea creature; WRECKFISH. My jaw dropped.

Yes, Iron Chef Morimoto was using a chain cutter to deal with the fish!!! The fish was SO HUGE and scary!!! Seeing its white flesh though, made me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment