Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rainbow After the Rain.


The positive and vibrant Carly is back alive! I managed to get all my errands done:
  1. Sent my acceptance form and deposit to MMU
  2. Rent a room in Manchester
  3. Emailed lecturers for my certificate of character for Middle Temple admission application
And then I still have time to snoop around websites... I got myself tickets to watch concerts. Even have some extra tickets so I can earn some money from reselling. I remember when I first came to UK, Tegan & Sara came to Manchester. The original ticket price was £15 but since it was sold out months before I arrive, the reselling price was £80!!! And now it's my turn to seek REVENGE!

Oh yes, I got my hands on She & Him's ticket as well. I'm still thinking whether or not to go because the show will be 2 weeks before my exams. And I'll be traveling alone down to London to catch the show.

Somehow I've always known that I'll go lots of concerts when I come to UK because of the relatively cheap ticket price and also the variety of concerts available. I just didn't expect to see tickets sold out just a day after they go on sale. Like the Tegan & Sara's tickets that I bought... they're currently sold out. Just after 24 hours.



I went on eBay just now to check the reselling price for She & Him. A whooping £90!!! The moral of the story is... always get your tickets as soon as they go on sale!

As I've mentioned earlier, I got a place to stay in Manchester already! The basic rent is 55 p.p.w (pounds per week), definitely cheaper than my current place. Although the bills and internet are not included in the rent, I believe that those wouldn't be too expensive as the place I'm renting only has 2 bedrooms which means that I'll only have ONE HOUSEMATE! Too bad nobody else will be going to Manchester with me if not I'll have a desirable housemate to stay with!

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

once you're in Manchester, you cant be wearing your Arsenal jerseys edy.. must do it in the hideout.. =P

Post a Comment